Friday, June 5, 2009

Coaching Group Reunion

In February I signed up for a coaching group called "Mastermind Coaching" facilitated by Arlene Rosenberg. We met every other week for 12 weeks as a group and on the off weeks in sub groups. We were eight individuals coming together from different industries, life styles and circumstances -- the self-employed looking to get through the recession, entrepreneurs, would be entrepreneurs, the unemployed (me), and the frustrated at work employed. Under Arlene's guidance we explored where we are now and where do we want to be. What is our vision?

Last night five of the group were able to get together for a dinner reunion and an update on what has happened since out last meeting six weeks ago.

While our lives have progressed -- for some on the paths discussed in the sessions, for others in different directions -- what struck me was the sense of certainty within the group, a sense of being centered. The challenges we each face haven't gone away, though for some they have changed. If you had asked me when the sessions were finished what I got out of the group, I would have spouted off some personal benefits, but I would have missed the core truth. What we came away with is belief in ourselves no matter where life takes us.

The dinner was fun, entertaining, and enlightening. We decided to have another reunion dinner in August, hopefully with all of the alums. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment